Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Greetings from Haysville

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hola fellow builders,
I think i am supposed to be working right now but as i was reading some of the posts i got very intrigued, so i decided to do my contribution. I would like to give some updates about what is going on with me and the ministry i am right now. Since February of this i have been working for the Haysville United Methodist Church as the new Ministry Development Youth Director. Since then everything has been a challenging experience. Being involved in ministry is an awesome thing, but when you get involved in ministry with a leadership position is a double awesome-ness. When i entered the ministry i did not have much "field experience" which it made a little bit rough to get things together. I have realized that God is the one who equips you do to whatever ministry He has prepared for you (Ephesians 2:10).
One integral part of my faith formation was the Discipleship program at Southwestern College and it faith community or i should say my SC family. I have a lot of respect for the program that taught me and prepared me with the tools and resources i am using in ministry right now. I have never thought i would end up being a youth director but i guess God has mysterious ways and places He will take you. Like i said, I haven't been in this church for that long, but the long i have been in here, i already have experienced feels of joy, challenge, frustration, love, pain, admiration, etc, that ministry has within its realm. I must say that my perspective of the church has totally changed and now more than ever feel that tremendous, driven feeling of seeking the one true God.
Since my first day here i have been blessed with the opportunity of being coached or helped by a man (Todd Guinn)that i have a lot of respect for and for his ministry. We have a responsibility to care and pray for each other not only because we are fellow Builders but because we are ONE body that share ONE vision and ONE common goal, therefore i encourage you to pray for your brothers and sisters that they may find rest and strength to proceed to the end of the race

In His Name
Elohei Avraham Elohei Yitschak velohei Ya'akov.
Joel Alejandre

1 comment:

  1. Joel, I'm so proud of you! You are doing some amazingly wonderful things! God has truly equipped you for this time and wow, what a joy it is to see you in this element!

    God bless and thanks for the encouraging word, Brother!

    ReplyDelete