Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm at SC!

Hey everyone! This is my official first blog-- ever! I'm excited to see how it works and connects us around the world! After finishing my degree at SC I received my masters from Oklahoma State University in Music Performance and Pedagogy. Now, I am back at Southwestern working in two different worlds. I'm adjunct with the music department teaching theory classes, woodwind methods, flute, and running the Community Music School Program. I am also the Assistant Director of Campus Life. Needless to say, life is busy! It's awesome though! God is teaching me everyday and I couldn't ask for more.

I just want to encourage everyone to pray for SC and the people here. It is easy to forget to pray for the things you are so directly connected with, but we can always use prayer. God is doing some amazing things here and I know it is in the hearts of the ministry team to follow Him wherever He is taking us. Prayers are always welcome!

Love,
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. so glad you are back, you are doing some amazing work building up the music of SC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Melissa! Way to go! If you ever need a vacation, I've got a room with your name on it right here on campus and a piece of cheesecake, too! Best wishes! You rock my world!

    ReplyDelete